In a gruesome incident, a case of human sacrifice has come into light in Agra, Uttar Pradesh. A man allegedly sacrificed 4 minor girls to cure his mentally ill wife following the advise of a 'tantrik'. It is also alleged that the man raped them before sacrificing them.
Who is the man and what is the incident?
- The cops have identified the man as Sonu. He was apparently on the lookout for 3 more girls as the tantrik had advised him to kill 7 minor girls in all.
- The incident came to light when a mob of around 100 men pulled out Sonu's friend from a police station in Mathura on 30 July and lynched him after accusing him of the rape and murder of a 12-year-old girl. At the time of lynching, Sonu was also present and was badly injured.
- Sub-inspector Omkar Sharma of Farah Police Station in Mathura, who was tasked with guarding Sonu from angry mobs, took him to the SN Medical College in Agra. Sonu then confessed to the murder of the 12-year-old girl whose brutalised body was found in the bushes outside Parkham village early this week. The statement hasn't been recorded yet under the 164 CrPC (statement before magistrate) and Sonu is denying the confession, he claims that his friend Balmiki was involved in raping and murdering the minor girls.
- A 14-year-old girl was raped and murdered on November 23, 2010. She had arrived in the village for a wedding but never returned to the venue after wandering out.
- The second was a child was just four years old. She was killed in 2012. Her body, with the head smashed in with a large stone, was recovered in the village.
- Sonu said the third girl was a 9-year-old. He did not recall the date of that murder, said Omkar Sharma.
- The 12-year-old girl, whose body was recovered, was his fourth victim.
- During interrogation, Sonu revealed that a tantrik had told him to kill 7 girls in order to cure his mentally ill wife.
- The police confirmed that Balmiki died after the mob violence incident. They further insinuated that Sonu accused Balmiki for he was dead.
- A case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and POSCO will be registered against Sonu.