Home » india news » Hyderabad woman claims her 42-year old husband is missing, hospital authorities say he was cremated

Hyderabad woman claims her 42-year old husband is missing, hospital authorities say he was cremated

Speed News Desk | Updated on: 21 May 2020, 15:41 IST

A woman, who was discharged from Hyderabad’s Gandhi Hospital on 16th May along with her two daughters after going through treatment for coronavirus, has claimed that her husband (42), who was also a coronavirus patient, had gone missing.

However, the hospital’s administration affirmed that the man died on 1st May and was cremated the following day by the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation workers after informing his family.

The women, identified as Alampally Madhavi, taking to twitter wrote that her husband A Madhusudhan, didn’t come home along with them when they were discharged. She tagged Telangana Information minister KT Rama Rao.

The woman complained to the minister that her husband was admitted to King Kothi Hospital on 27th April and later shifted to Ganndhi Hospital.

Furthermore, she claimed that the hospital hadn’t asked her to complete the process and had not even shown the body. They hadn’t shown any piece of evidence or his belongings to her.

“On May 16, when we were discharged, we questioned the hospital authorities about my husband, but they did not give proper reply. They first said he was still on ventilator but later said he was not alive. We request you to help in probing my husband’s missing case,” she said.

Dr M Raja Rao, the hospital superintendent put out a statement that the women’s husband, who was also suffering from bilateral pneumonia, had succumbed to coronavirus on 1st May evening, a day after he was admitted.

“As per the procedure, the family members were informed and following the protocol, the dead body was handed over to police and their acknowledgement was taken. On enquiry, it was known that the body was cremated by the GHMC. All due procedures were followed,” he said.

Sympathising with the family, Dr Rao stated that it was incorrect to defame the hospital, doctors and staffs who were looking after several Covid patients putting their lives at risk.

The woman told reporters that she strongly feels her husband was alive. She disputes the claim of Gandhi Hospital superintendent that the family was informed about the incident.

“Let them show evidence to whom they had informed and from whom they had obtained consent or no objection letter,” she asked.

Also Read: Insane! Man tries to commit suicide after quarrel with wife over lunch menu; videos goes viral

First published: 21 May 2020, 15:41 IST