Babasaheb Ambedkar's top inspirational quotes, famous thoughts you ought to know
Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar, widely known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, is a renowned leader, who was the principal architect of our Constitution. The man worked towards setting up a society where everyone was regarded as equals. He was the first person to hold a title apt for his works and efforts for the nation, the Minister of Law and Justice.
It was a period when India stood in need of change, and needed great men. He was one of them. A leader who deserves to be remembered for his desire to make india a better place. He fought for India when she wished for freedom and worked for India when she needed a leader.
Babasaheb’s contribution towards the Indian society can never be blotted out.
Here are some of his quotes that commemorates the legacy of him and his affection for the nation:
1) Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence.
2) Be educated, be organised and be agitated.
3) We must stand on our own feet and fight as best as we can for our rights. So carry on your forces. Power and prestige will come to you through struggle.
4) I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.
5) Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise both will wither and die.
6) We are Indians, firstly and lastly.
7) A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.
8) The sovereignty of scriptures of all religion must come to an endif we want to have a united integrated modern India.
9) Every man who repeats the dogma of mill that one country is not fit to rule another country must admit that one class is not fit to rule another class.
10) Law and order are the medicine of the body politics and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.
11) However good a constitution may be, if those who are not good, it will prove to be bad. However bad a constitution may be, if those implementing it are good. It will prove to be good.
12) They cannot make history who forget history.
13) I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity.
14) Life should be great rather than long.
15) If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.
16) Political tyranny is nothing compared to the social tyranny and a reformer who defies society is a more courageous man than a politician who defies Government.
17) If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help