Alert! Follow these simple ways to protect your lips during summer
Lip care is essential for all season but it needs a special treatment during summer time. Like our skin, lips are also very sensitive. So, keep your lips safe and healthy by following these tips. Say, experts.
1. Natural protective oil: It is very important for us to protect our lips by keeping it hydrated every day. Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated. Use a lip balm that is enriched with natural ingredients or use almond oil.
A lip balm enriched with the essence of oranges is always the best to protect your lips from the sun, owing to its natural photoprotection and skin conditioning properties.
2. Harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays: Since, UV rays are very harmful for our skin, so it is obvious that it is also harmful for our lips. They have fewer melanocytes in them, which makes them more prone to sun damage caused by ultraviolet exposure. It effects the production of collagen in our lips in the long run thus damaging their health and appearance.
3. Sudden changes in temperature: The sudden changes in temperature is not at all normal specially when it comes to the health of our lips. Carry a pocket lip balm helps to nourish your lip and gives a touch of care which is extremely essential.
4. It is a fact that we have a habit of licking our lips when they get dry. However, we should not do it always and should use a hydrating lip balm. Try lip balms which are enriched with bees wax. Use SPF protected lip balms to reduce the harm.
5. Exfoliation: It is also one of the important tool which helps lips skin, apply a sugar scrub using a toothbrush once a week to get rid of the dead skin layer. Use butter stick lip treatment for hydrating your lip. It will make lips feel and look softer, smoother and moisturised.
6. Green vegetables and fruits are always good for our health. As they are rich in vitamin which help in increasing the water intake too.
7. Lips turn black in the summer heat. So you can mix saffron and curd and apply daily 2-3 times to maintain the natural lip colour.
8. Maintain a regular night lip regime. For this, you can take half a teaspoon of glycerin, castor oil and lemon juice. Apply this mixture on to your lips and leave it overnight.
9. Water is very essential in every season. Stay hyderated by drinking up to 12 glasses of water keeps your body and lips hydrated and helps stimulate the blood circulation of the skin.
Read More On Catch: New study reveals irregular periods in girls may associated to Type-2 diabetes