Holi Food Special 2019: Check out recipes of these mouth-watering dishes to make your festival memorable
Holi is just around the corner and people are gearing up to celebrate the festival of colours with full enthusiasm. The celebrations of the colourful festival has begun and people are all set to play Holi with colours, gulal along with their family and friends this year.
This year, Holi will be celebrated on 20th and 21st March 2019. It is one of the most significant festivals of India, which is celebrated in Indian in different ways. On this auspicious day, people used to gather at one place to play with different colours or gulal. At some places, people used to play with flowers and the special one in Mathura which is popular as Barsane ki Holi or ‘lathmar Holi’.
Besides, playing with colours, Holi festival synonym is several traditional mouth-watering delicacies.
Try these yummy dishes recipes and give some traditional flavours:
- 200 gm all purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds.
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom.
- 1 cup ghee.
- 250 ml water.
- 50 gm khoya.
2. Ras malai:
3. Bhaang ke laddoos:
- 1-litre milk.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 tablespoon almonds.
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron.
- 1/2 tablespoon bhang seed powder.
- 1/4 cup dry rose petals
4. Dahi Bhalla:
- 1/2 cup soaked urad dal.
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled ginger.
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cashews.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated coconut.
- 1/4 cup milk.
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin.
- 1 tablespoon sweet tamarind sauce.
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds.
5. Namak Pare:
- 1 cup atta (wheat flour)
- 1 cup maida (white flour or all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper (kali Mirch powder) - optional.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) - optional.
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda.
Celebrate your Holi with these amazing delicacies!
Happy Holi to all!