GoT re-imagined: 16 amazing pieces of fan art to survive the wait
It's that time of year again. When the scorching summer sends us scampering home to watch winter unleash itself on our TV screens.
Yep, there's less than two weeks to the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
Two weeks until we're back to cliffhanger after cliffhanger as the aristocratic families in the Seven Kingdoms battle it out week after week.
Fans are a restless breed - Game of Thrones fans more than most. Which means the internet is naturally swirling with theories. Is Jon Snow alive? Will Arya stay blind? How much bloody vengeance will Cersei Lannister get to wreak after her public shaming? Will Bran develop his powers? What will Onion King do next now that he's lost his king and princess? Will Ramsay just die already? And who will rise from the dead?
Well turns out fan theories don't just take the form of words - our obsessive trawling led us to some astonishing fan art from artistic havens like Instagram and Deviant Art.
Here's a few of our picks in no particular order.
1. The Iron Throne already looks ridiculously uncomfortable on the show but Martin thinks that's the one thing HBO got wrong. Marc Simonetti drew the version Martin said was closest to his intentions.
2. Titled 'They are Coming', Turkish artist Ertac Altinoz's rendition of the White Walkers is absolutely chilling.
3. There's been one character who's been missing in action for far too long. Let's hope Altinoz's frightening image of Catelyn Stark rising from the dead as Lady Stoneheart actually comes to life.
4. Perhaps the best-known fan artist is Robert Ball. He was commissioned by HBO to draw a graphic representing one death from each episode. Here's his take on the Tywin Lannister's shitty death:
5. Bran, who took a tumble in season one, will finally reach his full potential as a greenseer finally (or so we hope). Kittrose's image beautifully underlines the young warg's powers to see far.
6. Now that Stannis Baratheon and his daughter Shireen are definitely dead (leaving book readers absolutely confused), here's a haunting poster by Jake Upeshot:
7. This minimalist take on Arya Stark and the Hound. Artist Jerry Liu captured their two contrasting swords perfectly.
8. Aljona Koshkar, a colour-pencil artist who uploads her creations to Instagram, created an ethereal drawing of Melisandre:
9. We know the 'Mother of Dragons' is strong as hell, far stronger than that wisp of a brother at least. This image by Babs Tarr captures the strength of Daenerys hell bent on liberating the Seven Kingdom.
10. Can't recall who's alive or dead? Knights of Future Past by Adam Withers will help you out.
11. When Game of Thrones met Disney.
12. Burton Durand's creation makes for a perfect Sunday afternoon newspaper comic.
13. The Lannister Family: when Jaime finally found his hand/Thing. Courtesy bubug.
14. Tommen-chan! by Hadibou
15. Looks like Jon Snow finally knows a thing or two about life.
16. And finally, this Khal Drogo Star Wars mashup by JB Casacop. The Throne Wars are on!