A wildfire of outrages and anger is hitting across the nation after the horrific news of an 8-year-old minor girl was kidnapped for a week and repeatedly raped in a Hindu temple. The girl who belong to Bakarwals, a Muslim community was drugged by the rapists and was raped just before strangled to death, by hitting her head with stone to confirm she is dead. The incident from the early January that will tear you apart.
Here is all about this horror story of a Kathua girl who innocence was smashed by some devils with a human face:
-Asifa Bano, wearing a purple dress, an 8-year-old girl who belongs to Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua was on the way grazing her horses. When Asifa was searching her horses, the nephew of the main accused Ram, he led her into the forest and told her they were there.
-In no time, Asifa felt something fishy and tried to flee, when the juvenile caught her and thrashed her from the neck, covered her mouth with one of his hand as she fell on the ground.
- The month-old plan and strategy to scare away Bakarwals by kidnapping a girl by local men group went successfully. Then she was raped by him and others before taking her to the Hindu temple, where she was kept captive inside a prayer hall under the table, covered with plastic mats.
- The Hindu temple's custodian, Sanji Ram, was the mastermind of the plan who drugged her with anti-anxiety medicine, and repeatedly raped, tortured, burned inside the temple. According to police, he grabbed her by the neck and forced her to take sleeping pills.
- One of the accused, travelled to Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua all the way from Meerut to brutally rape the minor. He was called by his uncle, who was among those culprits.
- The two men and other raped her for next three days repeatedly inside the Hindu Temple. Later, the took her into a jungle where, she was strangled to dead by got hit by stones, to smash her face.
- Shockingly! One of the accused allegedly insisted to rape her one last time before killing her. After brutally smashing her face with a stone, they planned to dump her body into a canal. But unfortunately, they didn't succeed as they failed to arrange vehicle.
- A few days later, the crumpled body of Asifa was found in the forest, in the same purple dress, smeared with blood.
- As the police took body in the custodial, the eight accused men were held in the connection with the case, Sanji Ram, a 60-year-old retired government officer, police officers Surender Verma, Anand Dutta, Tilak Raj and Mr Khajuria, Ram's son, Vishal, his nephew, a juvenile, and his friend, Parvesh Kumar, are accused over the rape and murder and was held by the J&K police.
- Soon after the arrest of the accused, the members of the extremist Hindu Ekta Manch marched throughout the streets of Jammu and demanded the release of the men. The Hindu lawyers in Kathua tried to block the police from filing the probe report at the local court.After which the Crime Branch took over the rape case and said, the case still needs further investigation and the supplementary charge sheet would follow.
-The matter has become a national issue after the massive outrage took place across the country. The J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti condemned the incident and announced that the state government will amend a new law to make the death penalty mandatory for the culprits.
-The oppositions and others are demanding for the CBI probe into the case increasing the pressure on the ruling central and state government.
- After Mehbooba Mufti. The Union Women And Child Development Minister said her ministry would move a cabinet note on Monday to amendPOCSO, the Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act.