As many as six policemen were killed and three were wounded in a Taliban attack on a check post in Nawa district of southern Helmand on Tuesday night.
Omar Zwak, a spokesman for the provincial governor, also confirmed the attack and said, "We have casualties in the attack, but so far there is no exact information."
Tolo News reported that the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
In another incident two National Directorate of Security (NDS) soldiers were killed in a blast in eastern Paktia province on Wednesday
The blast happened after an NDS vehicle hit a roadside mine in Chawk-e-Ghazni area of Gardez, the capital of Paktia, a security police official, Nesar Ahmad Abdulrahimzai said.
A second explosion happened minutes later close to a truck, but there were no casualties in this explosion, Abdulrahimzai said.
No group including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the blasts yet.