Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has condemned the surgical strikes conducted by the Indian Army along the LoC.
According to ANI, he said, "We condemn this attack, our desire for peace should not be interpreted as our weakness."
"We are ready for the safety and defence of our country," Sharif added.
The statement by Sharif comes minutes after the Director General of Military Operation (DGMO) confirmed that the Indian Army had conducted surgical strikes along the LoC.
"Our 2 soldiers died and 9 got injured :Pakistan Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said on surgical strikes conducted by Indian Army in Pak territory, reported ANI.
"India conducted surgical strikes last night across the LoC to safeguard our nation, the Defence Ministry said on Thursday. Significant casualties have been caused to terrorists and those trying to shield them. We don't have a plan to further conduct such strikes. India has spoken to Pakistan," DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh said at a press conference.
The DGMO added that "the operation has now ended".
Security forces acted after intelligence inputs about terrorists preparing to launch strikes against India.
On Thursday morning, Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) to review the situation along the LoC.
The Pakistani troops, on Thursday night, violated ceasefire along the LoC in Naugam sector of Kashmir by firing opening towards Indian Army posts.
No Indian loss of life or injury has been reported so far.
Reports in Pakistani media say that two Pakistani army men were killed in the exchange. Pakistan's Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) issued a statement that said: "Pakistani troops befittingly responded to Indian unprovoked firing on the LoC in Bhimber, Hotspring Kel and Lipa sectors."