Home » World News » Iran slams US President Donald Trump, vows more missile tests instead
 
SPEED NEWS

Iran slams US President Donald Trump, vows more missile tests instead

Speed News Desk | Updated on: 3 February 2017, 13:52 IST

Iran has vowed to continue its missile activity after dismissing U.S. President Donald Trump's declaration of putting Tehran "on notice" as it test-fired a ballistic missile on Sunday.

The Islamic-country has sworn that it will not bow to threats from the United States.

A senior adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei dismissed the "extremism" of President Donald Trump, who declared Iran was "on notice" after it test-fired a ballistic missile on Sunday, reports CNN.

The tensions between the two countries have been on the boil since the election of Trump.

The disturbing developments came after Trump last week announced a temporary travel ban on Iran and six other Muslim-majority nations, barring visitors from entering the United States.

On Wednesday, US National Security Advisor Michael Flynn said Sunday's test was a "provocative" breach of a UN Security Council resolution, following which Trump tweeted Thursday saying, "Iran has been formally PUT ON NOTICE" and should have been "thankful" for the "terrible deal."

Speaking to reporters in Tehran on Thursday, the top official, Ali Akbar Velayati, dismissed the US President's "baseless ranting" and said that even Americans were not satisfied with "Trump's extremism," according to Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency.

Asserting that all test-fired missiles were defensive, he added that Iran did not need to seek permission to carry out such activities.

Iran's Foreign Ministry insisted Tuesday that Sunday's missile test was not a violation of the UN Security Council resolution, which bars Iran from testing "ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons."

- - With ANI inputs

First published: 3 February 2017, 13:52 IST
 
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY