We must empower the honest, crack down on the corrupt, says PM Narendra Modi in Dehradun
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a public meeting in Dehradun during his Uttarakhand visit where he officially inaugurated Char Dham highway project and laid the foundation stone for Char Dham Yatra - an annual pilgrimage to the shrines of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri, on 27 December.
Goa: Jet Airways flight with 161 on board skids off runway, atleast 15 injured
A Jet Airways flight with 161 people on board veered off the runway at Dabolim airport in Goa while aligning for take off to Mumbai early on 27 December, with 15 passengers injured during evacuation.
According to reports, ambulance reached the spot after an hour and only then the injured were rescued. The passengers who were in the flight later cornered the officials.
The incident took place at around 5 am flight 9W 2374 which had arrived from Dubai and was bound for Mumbai, was about to take off when it skidded off the runway.
Katchatheevu: Tamil Nadu fishermen forced to return empty-handed by Sri Lankan navyNEWS
Nearly 3,000 Tamil Nadu fishermen from this island town were forced to return without their catch after they were allegedly attacked and chased away by the Sri Lankan Navy for fishing off Katchatheevu.
At least five fishermen were injured when they were attacked by the Lankan naval personnel using pipes, on Monday, Rameswaram Fishermen Association President, S Emiret said.
"The naval men also snapped the nets of about 100 boats forcing all the fishermen to flee and return to the shore last night," he said.
When two flights almost ran into each other at Delhi airport
A major mishap was averted at Delhi Airport this morning when two aircraft of private carriers IndiGo and SpiceJet came face-to-face allegedly due to an ATC miscommunication, sources said.
While an IndiGo plane, which had arrived from Lucknow, had over 160 passengers onboard, the Hyderabad-bound SpiceJet aircraft was carrying 187 passengers when the incident took place, they said.
The matter has been reported to the aviation regulator DGCA, which has initiated a probe into the incident.
Mayawati accuses BJP of misusing state machinery to malign BSP's image
Bahujan Samaj Party supremo and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati accused the BJP-led central government of misusing the state machinery to malign the name of BSP.
In a press conference on 27 December, Mayawati also accused BJP of having anti-Dalit mentality.
The press conference comes a day after reports surfaced that the Enforcement Directorate has found out cash deposits of over Rs 104 crore in an account belonging to the Bahujan Samaj Party and Rs 1.43 crore in an account belonging to party her brother, Anand.
- Protestors now disrupt Jallikattu; two men gored to death in Pudukottai
- JLF 2017: Shashi Tharoor takes a subtle dig at Modi government's love for Gandhi
- Tamil Nadu agitators reject Jallikattu ordinance, demand 'permanent solution'
- Nitish makes a spectacle of his prohibition policy. What's he aiming for?
- 97% of Indian children go to school. Less than 50% learn anything: ASER survey
- Jack the Ripper & why he was never nabbed: Bruce Robinson rips apart the Freemasons
- Zuni Chopra turns author at just 15 with debut novel 'The House that Spoke'
- We should have moved from British Raj to Hindu Raj: Saeed Naqvi
- Fries before guys: 3 women and a dream to be Delhi's ultimate fries destination
- JLF 2017: Saeed Naqvi talks of being Muslim, audience boos & Gulzar walks out
- Oldies in ODIs a 'regressive' move? Yuvraj and Dhoni hit that thought for six
- Kohli and Dhoni: A study in contrasts
- The biggest FIFA World Cup ever - 48 teams for 2026, will India make cut?
- O captain! My captain! There will never be another Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- SC axes Anurag Thakur as BCCI chief: the clean-up in Indian sport begins here
- The Trump era has begun - how can we make sense of it?
- Donald Trump moves from 'I' to 'We' as he's sworn in as USA's 45th President
- In pictures: Donald Trump is officially the world's most powerful man
- From New Deal to the art of the deal: how the neoliberal project led to Trump
- What you missed at the Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration Concert