Forces up against me over black money issue may not let me live: PM Modi in Goa
On 13 November, while attending a programme in Goa, where he laid the foundation stone of Mopa greenfiled airport in Goa, Prime Minister Narendra Modi talked about his resolve to eradicate corruption from the nation.
The Prime Minister, who was speaking for the first time on demonetisation after announcing the decision on November 8, also used the occasion to hit back at those questioning his bold and effective step to combat corruption and menace of black money.
"I also want to talk about something else in Goa... on 8th November many people of India slept peacefully and a few are sleepless even now. We took a key step to help the honest citizens of India to defeat the menace of black money" he said.
Sheila Dikshit's son-in-law arrested under Domestic Violence Act
Former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit's son-in-law, Imran, has been arrested under Domestic Violence Act.
Imran was booked after the Congress leader's daughter, Latika, filed a complaint at the Barakhamba Police station and a case under relevant provisions of Domestic Violence Act was registered.
He was arrested from his home in Bengaluru on 11 November, according to reports.
The couple, who have two children, separated ten months ago.
Latika is a trained social worker and a rural development consultant.
After Saberna, now Malayali actress Rekha Mohan found dead in her apartment
Renowned Malayali film and TV actress, Rekha Mohan, was found dead in her apartment in Thrissur in Kerala on 12 November.
According to reports, her husband contacted the police after he failed to get in touch with Rekha for two days.
The police reportedly broke into her apartment, which was locked from inside, and recovered her dead body.
The cause of death has not been ascertained. The body has been for autopsy.
Rekha was known for her performances in projects like Udyanapalakan and Yathramozhi, to name a few.
Pakistan: ISIS claims responsibility of Balochistan blast that killed 52 & injured over 100
ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bomb blast in Pakistan that killed at least 52 people including women and children, and injured over 100 on 12 November, Amaq news agency reported.
However, it is still not clear whether its was suicide attack.
The explosion took place at a popular shrine in Pakistan's volatile Balochistan province. The blast occurred in the remote Hub region in Lasbela district where devotees were attending a Sufi dance called "dhamaal" at Dargah Shah Noorani shrine.
The local tehsildar in Lasbela, Javed Iqbal claimed that security arrangements at the Shah Noorani shrine were not properly arranged.
"It is sad that although thousands of devotees from Karachi and other parts of the country visit the shrine everyday but there are no medical emergencies or ambulances at the site," he said.
- Activists ask CIC: Why was Sridhar Acharyulu divested of HRD charge after Modi degree order?
- Seven years on, this acid attack survivor is still fighting for justice
- Retired DU teachers & employees struggle without pensions, launch stir
- Jallikattu protests set to end as Tamil Nadu govt readies ordinance
- Modi says no to Jallikattu ordinance. Will protests turn violent now?
- JLF 2017 kicks off with songs, Sadhguru & Man Booker winner Paul Beatty
- No women to marry in China, so sex dolls are hugely popular: Mei Fong
- You may want to be clever like Birbal, but it's Chanakya who is inspiring many
- Heard of the love meter? You will in Khalid Akhtar's 'Love in Chakiwara'
- Snowflakes of Time review: This Sibal is the superior poet in the family
- Oldies in ODIs a 'regressive' move? Yuvraj and Dhoni hit that thought for six
- Kohli and Dhoni: A study in contrasts
- The biggest FIFA World Cup ever - 48 teams for 2026, will India make cut?
- O captain! My captain! There will never be another Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- SC axes Anurag Thakur as BCCI chief: the clean-up in Indian sport begins here
- Donald Trump moves from 'I' to 'We' as he's sworn in as USA's 45th President
- In pictures: Donald Trump is officially the world's most powerful man
- From New Deal to the art of the deal: how the neoliberal project led to Trump
- What you missed at the Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration Concert
- Holiday cut short. See how an avalanche took down this Italy hotel