Popular Hindi television actress Pratyusha Banerjee died on 1 April. The police are currently investigating the cause of her death - a prima facie suicide. She was declared dead upon being brought to the Kokilaben Ambani hospital in Mumbai.
While the actress is best known for playing the grown up Anandi on the hit TV series Balika Vadhu, many also recognise her from her stint on the seventh edition of the controversial reality TV show, Bigg Boss.
Here's a look at the life and the illustrious career of the 24-year-old actress:
1. Pratyusha Banerjee, fondly known as Piyu, was born in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand on 10 August, 1991.
2. She made her Hindi television debut in 2010 when she played a grown up Anandi in the hit serial, Balika Vadhu. Pratyusha and two other actresses were shortlisted after having auditioned for the beloved character and the viewers were asked to vote for the one who they wished to see play Anandi. Pratyusha won hands down.
3. Pratyusha's popularity soared after Balika Vadhu and she was invited to participate in Bigg Boss 7, where she found a close friend in fellow television actor, Kamya Punjabi. The two remained friends even after their stint on the controversial reality TV show. Pratyusha and Kamya have been snapped attending a number of television events together. Kamya was also one of the first few people to confirm the death.
4. Pratyusha also appeared on the dance reality TV show, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 5 and had reportedly signed up as a host for crime-based reality TV show, Savdhaan India for a segment on women against crime. In 2014, she appeared on the series Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya. She also starred in the series Hum Hain Na and Sasural Simar Ka.
5. In January this year, Pratyusha had alleged that she had been molested by a group of men posing to be police personnel. She had also filed an FIR against eight men in this regard.
6. Her boyfriend, actor-producer Rahul Raj Singh also belongs to Jharkhand. While reports claim that Pratyusha's suicide had been triggered by troubles in their relationship, there is no evidence about this so far. The two were recently seen in the relationship-based TV show, Power Couple, hosted by Arbaaz Khan and Malaila Arora Khan. Singh who runs two production houses, has also starred in a number of serials, including Ambar Dhara.