Chinese tech giant Xiaomi launched its much-awaited flagship Mi 5 smartphone in India on 31 March.
The Xiaomi Mi5, priced at Rs 24,999, will go on sale from 11AM on 6 March exclusively on the Mi site and app. The device will be available in black, gold and white.
Following the popularity of the brand, Xiaomi approached Indian market right after China for the flagship launch of the company. The device came to India within a month of its launch in Mobile World Congress 2016, an international tech summit held at Barcelona. Xiaomi has strategically opted out of online shopping sites and flash sales in India this time.
The company spent around 19 months to make the smartphone, Xiaomi vice-president, Hugo Barra, told media in an event held in Delhi. Here's a look at the specifications of the Xiaomi Mi5.
- 5.15-inch ultra-thin 16 LED screen
- 1080 x 1920 pixels display at 428 ppi density
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Weight: 129-gram
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 3GB RAM and 32GB inbuilt memory
- Adreno 530 GPU for best gaming experience
- 16-megapixel flat rear cam with dual tone flash with 6P lens, quick focus and 4-axis optical image stabilisation
- 2-micron pixel 4-megapixel front camera
- Loaded with 3,000mAh non-removable battery
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The phone comes loaded with a QuickCharge 3.0 technology that gives up to 2.6 hours of video viewing on full-brightness just after 10 minutes of charging.
It also support all LTE bands of India and also supports VoLTE for ultimate high-quality voice calls. With infrared support, it also works as a global remote for multiple devices such as TVs, set top boxes, etc.
The Mi 5 flagship comes with 3D-curved glass layer which is made of Gorilla Glass 4 making it slim and glossy. Unlike, the Le 1s, and the Redmi Note 3, the fingerprint sensor is located on the front side of the phone.
Xiaomi is also providing an accidental damage insurance at Rs 499 for a year.