Indian startup Smartron has unveiled its first smartphone, the t.phone - at a starting price of Rs 22,999.
The smartphone is now available for pre-registration.
While launching the phone, founder and chairman of the company, Mahesh Lingareddy, said, "Smartron t.phone is a great addition to tron generation of Smart Things to Come and critical to the TronX experience. It is one of the most exciting devices in the line of products that the brand plans to launch this year."
"The brand's vision is to make consumers' life simpler and smarter by bringing more autonomous and intelligent devices and services. With Smartron aiming to innovate in the sphere of IoT, we definitely have a lot to look forward to. Fully designed and engineered in India, the company will, over the next 2-3 years, move all of its manufacturing to be local," the chairman said.
Specifications of the Smartron t.phone:
- Runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 5.5-inch full-HD (1080x1920 pixels) Super Amoled display with a 401ppi pixel density
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1 SoC
- 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 13-megapixel rear camera with an Isocell sensor and a dual-LED flash
- 4-megapixel front cam with 2-micron pixel size for better low-light performance
- 64GB inbuilt memory; expandable up to 128GB
- Unlimited t.cloud online storage
- Powered by a 3000mAh battery
The Smartron t.phone is loaded with a Quick Charge 2.0 support and USB Type-C charging support. It also supports the 4G LTE networks in India. Featuring a dual-tone metal body, the smartphone is touted to be lightest in the 4GB-RAM category - weighing in at 149 grams.
The phone is available in classic grey, metallic pink, steel blue, and sunrise orange colour variants. Smartron has also introduced Apical Assertive Display technology for better display.