After the launched in the international market last week, Chinese tech-giant Coolpad is set to unveil its Max smartphone in India on 20 May.
The company has started sending press invites for the event scheduled to be held in Delhi. Coolpad said they will only launch the Max smartphone in India. In an international event held in China, the company launched two smartphones - Coolpad Max and Coolpad Max Lite. However, the company has decided to launch only Coolpad Max in the India.
Coolpad has not released the price or any India specific features for the Max smartphone yet. We expect it to priced between Rs 10,000 and Rs 15,000. The Chinese mobile phone maker is aiming at those who use two mobile phones to keep their professional and personal lives separate. For such users, "Coolpad has installed encryption technology that ensures any data, contacts, photos, videos, and applications stored on the smartphone can be well protected without worrying about data leakage," the company said.
To fulfill this purpose, there will be the Dual Space feature in the Coolpad Max. Users will be able to have two separate WhatsApp, Line, Facebook, BBM and other social media accounts in one phone.
The specifications are impressive in this price band.
Here are the specifications of its Chinese version:
- 5.50-inch touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Powered by 1.5GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Coupled with 3GB RAM
- Comes with 16GB inbuilt storage; expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card
- Packs a 13-megapixel main and a 5-megapixel front camera
- Powered by a 2800mAh non removable battery
- Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 3G, 4G, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, and Gyroscope