Mohanlal's stardom in UAE bigger than Big B and Khans: Emirati audience
Malayalam superstar Mohanlal's Dusshera blockbuster Pulimurugan is creating huge records at the UAE Box Office. The film, directed by Vysakh and produced by Tomichan Mulakuppadam, stars four-time-National Award winner in the titular role of a wild hunter, Murugan.
The craze for the Mohanlal-starrer is massive and the UAE audience hasn't seen such stardom in their country for top Bollywood actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. Infact, after watching Pulimurugan, one Emirati confirmed that Mohanlal's stardom is bigger than Big B and the Khans and their fan-following is nothing compared to Lalettan's star power in the UAE.
"I have seen many Bollywood films. I like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. But trust me, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal's stardom is bigger than Big B's and the Khans. The audience is celebrating inside the cinema halls with applause and whistles. They are dancing inside the halls. I have not seen such hysteria for any Bollywood superstar like Amitabh Bachchan and the Khans. If a Mohanlal-starrer can create such noise here, then what will happen if he really visits our cinema halls?" he said.
Meanwhile, Pulimurugan has shattered the opening weekend collections of Kabali, Sultan and Baahubali at the UAE Box Office. The Malayalam action-entertainer has raked in Rs 13.83 crore to become the top Indian film with the highest opening weekend collections at the UAE Box Office.
- A year after Chennai floods: 'National' media continues Delhi-Mumbai favouritism
- Watch: 'There were better ways to attack black money than notebandi'
- Revealed: Just before note ban, BJP bought land in Bengal as well
- Chidambaram targets Modi: A leader shouldn't only heed public opinion, but lead it too
- 'If we complain, we'll be called anti-national': Banda villagers slam note ban
- Indian poetry loses a leading light as Bekal Utsahi passes away
- In Pictures: 10 Amazing Photos from the Hornbill Festival 2016
- Forget happy pills, magic mushrooms can fight severe depression
- Quotes from the Earth: a film festival to focus on environmental issues is here
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi: Death penalty won't curb terrorism, ensure women's safety
- The undying afterlife of Milkha Singh
- Lodha panel wants BCCI officials replaced by GK Pillai. This battle isn't over
- Traditional welcome for Kashmir's 8-year-old world kickboxing champ
- The kickboxing kid: Rare photos of 8-year-old kickboxing champ Tajamul Islam
- Assam's 15-year old boy bags five gold medals in South Asian Aquatic Championship
- Explainer: Italy's constitutional referendum & Matteo Renzi's great political gamble
- Photo: As Aleppo loses her famous 'Clown' & cat sanctuary, is there any hope left?
- India isn't alone when it comes to mandatory rulings about the national anthem
- How the US is outsourcing border enforcement to Mexico
- South Korean protests the first to bring down a president in a long history of civic activism