Mohanlal's stardom in UAE bigger than Big B and Khans: Emirati audience
Malayalam superstar Mohanlal's Dusshera blockbuster Pulimurugan is creating huge records at the UAE Box Office. The film, directed by Vysakh and produced by Tomichan Mulakuppadam, stars four-time-National Award winner in the titular role of a wild hunter, Murugan.
The craze for the Mohanlal-starrer is massive and the UAE audience hasn't seen such stardom in their country for top Bollywood actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. Infact, after watching Pulimurugan, one Emirati confirmed that Mohanlal's stardom is bigger than Big B and the Khans and their fan-following is nothing compared to Lalettan's star power in the UAE.
"I have seen many Bollywood films. I like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. But trust me, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal's stardom is bigger than Big B's and the Khans. The audience is celebrating inside the cinema halls with applause and whistles. They are dancing inside the halls. I have not seen such hysteria for any Bollywood superstar like Amitabh Bachchan and the Khans. If a Mohanlal-starrer can create such noise here, then what will happen if he really visits our cinema halls?" he said.
Meanwhile, Pulimurugan has shattered the opening weekend collections of Kabali, Sultan and Baahubali at the UAE Box Office. The Malayalam action-entertainer has raked in Rs 13.83 crore to become the top Indian film with the highest opening weekend collections at the UAE Box Office.
- Tamil Nadu agitators reject Jallikattu ordinance, demand 'permanent solution'
- Nitish makes a spectacle of his prohibition policy. What's he aiming for?
- 97% of Indian children go to school. Less than 50% learn anything: ASER survey
- Activists ask CIC: Why was Sridhar Acharyulu divested of HRD charge after Modi degree order?
- Seven years on, this acid attack survivor is still fighting for justice
- We should have moved from British Raj to Hindu Raj: Saeed Naqvi
- Fries before guys: 3 women and a dream to be Delhi's ultimate fries destination
- JLF 2017: Saeed Naqvi talks of being Muslim, audience boos & Gulzar walks out
- JLF 2017: 4 authors on the power of a memoir & the importance of remembering
- The misunderstood Mughal: Audrey Truschke on why Aurangzeb deserves less hate
- Oldies in ODIs a 'regressive' move? Yuvraj and Dhoni hit that thought for six
- Kohli and Dhoni: A study in contrasts
- The biggest FIFA World Cup ever - 48 teams for 2026, will India make cut?
- O captain! My captain! There will never be another Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- SC axes Anurag Thakur as BCCI chief: the clean-up in Indian sport begins here
- The Trump era has begun - how can we make sense of it?
- Donald Trump moves from 'I' to 'We' as he's sworn in as USA's 45th President
- In pictures: Donald Trump is officially the world's most powerful man
- From New Deal to the art of the deal: how the neoliberal project led to Trump
- What you missed at the Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration Concert