In a tragic incident that occurred in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli, at least 500 students fell ill after a major gas leak from sugar mill.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday directed that an inquiry be launched by the Commissioner of Saharanpur into the toxic emission in Shamli district that led to more than 200 children of the Sarswati Shishu Mandir falling sick.
The chief minister has also directed the District Magistrate to provide all possible help to the affected children.
The sugar mill, which emitted the deadly chemical, has, meanwhile, been sealed by the authorities.
As confirmed earlier by the State Control Room, due to gas leakage, more than 200 children had complained of vomiting and burning of eyes.
175 children were later discharged and currently, 23 are admitted in various hospitals in Shamli.
Meanwhile, two children were referred to Haryana's Panipat for further treatment.
-With ANI inputs