Speed News Desk | Updated on: 14 February 2017, 5:28 IST
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the documents earlier today -to coincide with Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's 119th birth anniversary.
- This document from the Ministry of External Affairs, titled Ashes of Netaji Subhas Bose, the true events behind the death of the enigmatic freedom fighter have been revealed.
- "The Government of Taiwan informed the Mukherjee Commission that no plane crash had occured between 14 August to 25 October 1945 at the Matsuma (Taihoku) airport in Taiwan."
- The Commission rubbished the crash story accordingly but, the Government of India, it deludes one why, refused to discard the fake story of the plane crash and the alleged death.
- The files include news reports from 23 January 1957 which record the government's decision to shelve the plans to bring the ashes back.
- Also among the files is a 20-page paper by Samar Guha titled "Country must know what happened to Netaji".
Read the full file here: