In a shocking incident, a man in India most peaceful city Pune was enjoying his burger at a popular outlet Burger King but it turned out to become a horrific experience for him. The man alleged that he choked and spit blood after he ate a burger in which he claims to find pieces of glass.
“We have registered a complaint by the customer last Saturday (May 18) against Burger King. We are awaiting medical reports from the hospital before taking further steps,” investigating officer Inspector Deepak Lagad, of the Deccan Gymkhana Police Station, told an agency.
According to the complainant Sajit Pathan, an autorickshaw driver, he had gone for lunch with his friends at the outlet Burger King at the FC Road last Wednesday. He said that they ordered burgers, fries and soft drinks but when he took a bite of his burger, suddenly choked. The customer complained of pain in his throat and spat out blood.
Following which, friends suspecting something wrong, checked Pathan’s burger and allegedly found some broken glass pieces in it. The victim was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital from where he was taken to Sahyadri Hospital and paid Rs 15,000 for his immediate treatment.
According to reports, doctors assured that the glass pieces would naturally exit his body through excretion. His friend revealed that when they approached the outlet, they accused them of mixing the glass pieces to "encash on it and defame them". An FIR has been registered against the outlet invoking various sections of the Indian Penal Code, including Section 337 based on the complaint and medical reports.