Speed News Desk | Updated on: 23 July 2015, 18:44 IST
Jitendra Singh Tomar, former Delhi law minister was granted bail by a Delhi court on 23 July in connection to a fake degree case.
- Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav granted bail to Tomar while barring him from travelling outside Delhi without prior permission of the court and joining the investigation as and when required.
- The court has also asked Tomar to deposit a personal bond of Rs 50,000 and surety of the amount.
- A magisterial court had earlier rejected his bail pleas twice.
What is the case?
- Tomar an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA from Trinagar was arrested on 9 June following an investigation by the Delhi police on the complaint of the Bar Council of India (BCI) that he had obtained a fake law degree from a college in Bihar.
- The cops had registered a case for alleged offences of cheating, forgery, using forged documents as genuine, forgery with intent to cheat and criminal conspiracy under the Indian Penal Code.