Indian Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar met his Pakistani counterpart Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhary and held bilateral talks at the South Block in New Delhi earlier today.
The meeting, which was expected to witness discussions on several burning issues, lasted for almost 20 minutes.
The Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson, Vikas Swarup after the meeting said that India has demanded consular access to Kulbhushan Yadav on an urgent basis.
Here are the critical issues that were discussed in the meeting:
- India has pressed for immediate consular access to Kulbhushan Yadav, former naval officer, abducted and taken to Pakistan.
- Foreign Secretary clearly conveyed that Pakistan cannot be in denial on the impact of terrorism on bilateral relations.
- The Foreign Secretary also added that terrorist groups based in Pakistan targetting India must not be allowed to operate with impunity.
- S Jaishankar brought up the issue of listing JeM leader Masood Azhar in the UN 1267 Sanctions Committee.
- India's Foreign Secretary emphasised the need for early and visible progress on the Pathankot terror attack investigation as well as the Mumbai case trial in Pakistan.