India confirmed on 29 September that a surgical strike was conducted on terror launch pads late 28 September night along the Line of Control (LoC).
An all party meeting was held at the MHA, chaired by Union Home minister Rajnath Singh, who briefed the leaders about the surgical strikes.
Here are the 10 latest developments:
- All schools within ten kilometres of India-Pakistan border have been shut down, the District Education Officer in Ferozepur, Punjab informed.
- In the wake of surgical strikes, the Indian Army has started evacuating people living in the adjoining areas in anticipation of a possible retaliation by Pakistani troops.
- Emergency ward of Civil Hospital in Pathankot has been cleared in preparation for any eventuality.
- Encounter underway between security forces and terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Mendhar, infiltrators hiding in forest area.
- Pakistan National Security adviser Nasir Janjua submitted a report on LoC situation to PM Nawaz Sharif.
- Border Security Force (BSF) calls off Beating Retreat ceremony at the Wagah border.
- Cross LoC trade takes place at Uri. 26 trucks from India cross over, while 10 from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir come in.
- According to ANI, following the surgical strikes, Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit has been receiving threat calls and the details have been shared with the MEA.
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi in a statement said that the grand old party stands with the government in its actions to protect the country's security and deal with the menace of terrorism from across the border.
- Foreign secretary calls a meeting of 22 countries to brief them about LoC situation and the surgical strike.