Condemning the deadly bomb blast in the diplomatic enclave of Afghanistan's capital city Kabul which has claimed 19 lives so far, Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended India's full support to its neighbour.
Taking to Twitter, Prime Minister Modi reiterated his stand on defeating terror forces.
He also paid condolences to the bereaved families of the deceased.
India stands with Afghanistan in fighting all types of terrorism. Forces supporting terrorism need to be defeated.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 31, 2017
We strongly condemn the terrorist blast in Kabul. Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased & prayers with the injured.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 31, 2017
Earlier on 31 may, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj informed all staff at the Indian Embassy were safe and not affected by the huge blast in Kabul's diplomatic enclave.
"By God's grace, Indian Embassy staff are safe in the massive #Kabul blast," Swaraj said in a tweet.
By God's grace, Indian Embassy staff are safe in the massive #Kabul blast.— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) May 31, 2017
India's Ambassador to Afghanistan Manpreet Vohra told ANI, "Massive VBIED (Vehicle-borne improvised explosive device) not too far from our Embassy.Buildings, including ours, suffered considerable breakages, but all our staff are safe."
Afghanistan Ministry of Health said that 19 have died dead and 319 wounded till now.
Tolo News reported that the blast was close to the German embassy and added that the explosion happened on 14th Street of the Wazir Akbar Khan diplomatic area of the city.
Many foreign embassies are located in the area, including the American and Canadian missions.
The Afghan National Security Force (ANSF) has deployed its team in the area for rescue and counter-insurgency operations.
More details and updates are awaited.