SPEED NEWS

Bulandshahr gangrape case: CBI files chargesheet against 3 accused

News Agencies | First published: 7 November 2016, 20:40 IST
Bulandshahr gangrape case: CBI files chargesheet against 3 accused
Photo : Patrika

On 7 November, the Central Bureau of Investigation filed a charge sheet against three accused in Bulandshahr rape case, in which a woman and her teenage daughter were alleged gangraped by over six persons.

The agency has filed chargesheet against three alleged gang members--Saleem alias Beena alias Diawan, Zuber alias Sunil alias Parvez and Sajid for IPC sections related to dacoity, abduction and gang rape besides additional charges of child rape under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act) 2012.

All the three are under judicial custody, CBI sources said, adding that the probe against remaining three who are in custody and some absconding members is still going on. They said further supplementary charge sheet will be filed against them.

The sources said chargesheet has been filed in the fast track court in Bulandshahr. A 13-year-old girl and her mother were dragged out of their car and raped by a group of assailants in a field while the victims along with their family were travelling from Noida to Shahjahanpur on the intervening night of July 29-30.

The case was transferred to CBI on the instructions of the Allahabad High Court. The agency had registered a case on August 18 and sent a team of forensic experts and a DIG-ranked officer to the crime scene.

UP Police, which had earlier received flak from the Allahabad High Court, had solved the blind case within nine days of the incident with arrest of Salim Bawariya, the head of a gang from Rajasthan.

On the basis of his interrogation, two other gang members -- Zuber and Sajid -- were arrested by the Special Task Force of UP Police. Later, three more accused -- Naresh (25), Bablu (22) and Rais (28) -- were also arrested.

--PTI

First published: 7 November 2016, 20:40 IST
 
MORE FROM CATCH
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY