Delhi Fire Services Director G C Mishra on Sunday said the fault in the electric wiring could be a reason behind the Bawana firecracker factory blaze.
Talking with ANI, Mishra said that the reason behind the fire could only be confirmed once the probe is concluded.
He further revealed that in all probability the building was recently constructed and there was no firefighting arrangement in it.
"An FIR lodged has been lodged in the matter by the Delhi police. An investigation will be conducted on the same. As per the inspection conducted by us, a makeshift arrangement of electric wires was done. Electric wires in the building were running haywire, I think fire must have started there but it will be disclosed only after the probe," Mishra said.
Commenting on the licensing of the building, Mishra said that he has no knowledge about it.
"I don't have any knowledge about the incident. We will have to look into its Trade License. Better information can be obtained from Licensing Authority," he added.
"Only a probe will say if this factory received a NOC certificate or not," he continued.
He said that the Bawana industrial area was made basically for plastic factory and the activity that was being carried falls under high hazard category.
Earlier in the day, the owner of the firecracker unit was arrested.