Losing weight in Arthritis can be difficult as even the simplest of movements can be hard to perform.
But that doesn't mean people with arthritis, who are looking to lose weight should miss out in doing some exercises.
Here are a number of simple exercises you can still do to strengthen upper body and lower body:
- Armchair Arm Work
• Holding weights at your sides, palms facing upward, bend your elbows, bringing your hands up.
• Keeping your arms by your side, lower your hands slowly and repeat.
• With an exercise band across your shoulder blades, rest your arms at your sides with elbows bent.
• Raise one arm out while straightening your elbow and turning the palm down.
• Rest that arm, then repeat with other arm in a boxing motion.
- Horizontal Arm Pull
• Gripping an exercise band, extend arms forward, palms down.
• Squeeze your shoulder blades together while pulling your arms out to the side.
• Slowly return to starting position and repeat.
These three exercises can help you strengthen your bicep muscles, triceps, upper back and shoulders.