Speed News Desk | Updated on: 14 February 2017, 2:54 IST
With just four days to go before the Odd Even policy is implemented in the national capital, the AAP government has decided to go in for a dry run on 30 December.
- The test run will be conducted between 8 am and 8 pm.
- 10, 000 civil defence volunteer to be present at traffic signals.
- The Metro will run on peak frequency on the day.
- A fleet of 3,000 buses has been registered to absorb the new flow of commuters.
- Buses will be forced to follow bus lanes on December 30.
- Twitter will respond to queries on bus routes.
- The Delhi government on Sunday conducted a trial run of around 750 private buses to be plied during the road-rationing experiment that begins from 1 January.
- State Transport Minister Gopal Rai extended the registration date for enrolling private buses, which will be plying under 'DTC Paryavaran Bus Sewa' during the 15-day-trial period of the scheme.
- The policy will be implemented from 1 January, 2016 for 15 days on a temporary basis.
- The policy aims at bringing down the air pollution levels in Delhi.
With inputs from PTI