Indian men’s and women’s team are currently touring New Zealand for a bilateral ODI and T20I series against the Kiwis. There were some similarities between Indian men’s fourth ODI match and Indian women’s third ODI match played on Thursday and Friday respectively. Both Rohit Sharma and Mithali Raj were playing their 200th ODI on January 31 and February 1 respectively.
1. Rohit Sharma and Mithali Raj were both leading their respective sides while playing their 200th ODI.
2. Both Indian men’s and women’s team lost the match while their captains were playing their 200th ODI.
3. Rohit Sharma and Mithali Raj played their 200th ODI at the same venue and against the same opposition. The matches were played at Seddon Park against New Zealand.
4. Both Indian men’s and women’s team had already sealed the series before Rohit and Mithali’s 200th ODI.
5. A solid knock was expected from both Rohit and Mithali on their 200th ODI but they both ended up making a single digit score, that is 7 and 9 respectively.