The Pakistan opener Fakhar Zaman's dream comes true as he became the first Pakistan batsman to hit a double century in ODIs. He also achieved the feat of scoring 1000 runs in an ODIs format. He took only 18 innings to do this.
Here's the list of player's who completed 1000 runs:
- Fakhar Zaman (2017 to *present) took 18 innings
- Sir Viv Richards (1975 to 1980) took 21 innings
- Kevin Pietersen (2004 to 2006) took 21 innings
- Jonathan Trott (2009 to 2011) took 21 innings
- Quinton de Kock (2013 to 2014) took 21 innings
- Babar Azam (2015 to 2017) took 21 innings
- Gordon Greenidge (1975 to 1980) took 23 innings
- Ryan ten Doeschate (2006 to 2009) took 23 innings
- Azhar Ali (2011 to 2015) took 23 innings
- Glenn Turner (1973 to 1983) took 24 innings
- Yasir Hameed (2003 to 2004) took 24 innings
- Hashim Amla (2008 to 2010) took 24 innings
- Virat Kohli (2008 to 2010) took 24 innings
- Shikhar Dhawan (2010 to 2013) took 24 innings
Pakistan openers Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq broke the all-time opening partnership (304 runs) in ODIs history during the fourth ODI against Zimbabwe at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo.
The 28-year old Fakhar Zaman also surpassed Saeed Anwar’s record for the highest individual score (194) for Pakistan.
Before Zaman, Saeed Anwar held the record of most runs in an inning when he scored 194 runs against India in 1997. The left-hander batsman Fakhar Zaman ended his innings unbeaten on 210 off just 156 balls.
Indian hitman Rohit Sharma holds the world record for the highest individual score (264*).
Rohit Sharma had more feather's to his glittering cap with three double tons so far in ODIs while master-blaster Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman to get to the mark.
Pakistan squad manage to score 399 runs on the board with 8 wickets down. It is also the highest score the team has ever made in ODI cricket.