At the end of today's session in the Delhi Assembly, a resolution was passed to set up a Commission of Inquiry which will look into the allegations of corruption within the DDCA.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal continued to take aim at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the CBI raids conducted at the former's office last week. Kejriwal alleged that the real reason behind the raid was to find files related to Arun Jaitley's role in corruption.
Here are excerpts from Kejriwal's comments on the Prime Minister in the assembly.
- If the raid happened on my Principal Secretary, what was the need to come to my office?
- Modi says he used to sell tea. How can a tea vendor wear a Rs 10 lakh suit?
- When I meet the PM, I only tell him one thing - that we don't need money or land, just stop hampering our work.
- I'll take PM's projects like Swacch Bharat forward in Delhi. I will give the PM all the credit. But they should just stop troubling us.
- Today is the 8th day. For 6 days Rajendra Kumar was interrogated for hours. I want to ask the PM, what did he discover? Nothing.
- If my job is to punish corrupt officers, then my job is also to protect honest officers.
- I demand PM Modi's resignation for the fraudulent raid that he got carried out just to save Arun Jaitley.