With Sultan zooming past the Rs 290 crore mark at the Box Office, the total collections of Salman Khan's films since the beginning of his career now stands at a mammoth total of Rs 2,928 crore, the highest ever for a Bollywood actor.
This seems to be the best phase of Salman Khan's career as eight out of the last 10 films starring him have emerged as blockbusters at the Box Office, a record which may stand unbeaten for a long period.
Second to Salman Khan in this list is Akshay Kumar, whose films have done a total business of Rs 2,893 crore. However, the major difference between the two is the number of films they have acted in. While Salman took merely 71 films, Akshay on other hand took 107 films to come closer to the Rs 3,000 crore mark.
Box Office Analysis of Bollywood Superstars:
- Net Box Office Collection: Rs 2,928 crore
- Films: 71
- Average collection per film: Rs 41.23 crore
- Net Box Office collection: Rs 2,893 crore
- Films: 107
- Average collection per film: Rs 27.03 crore
- Net Box Office collection: Rs 2,100
- Films: 57
- Average Collection per film: Rs 36.84 crore
- Net Box Office Collection: Rs 1,497 crore
- Films: 39
- Average collection per film: Rs 38.40 crore
Post the release of Rustom, Akshay Kumar will surely breeze past Salman Khan and may even be the first Bollywood actor to collect over Rs 3,000 crore. However, with Tubelight up for release next Eid, Salman still may beat him!