Jolly LLB 2 is about to end its lifetime run at the Box-Office. The 13 days collection of this Akshay Kumar film stands at Rs 102.44 and the movie is expected to take a halt at collections close to Rs 112 crore.
The film is the fourth consecutive hit for Akshay Kumar as his previous three ventures i.e. Airlift, Housefull 3 and Rustom also raked in above Rs 100 crore at the ticket window. The film was produced and distributed by Fox Star Studios which has enabled them to earn a reasonable return on investment.
A major chunk of theatrical return has come from the multiplexes which resulted in a comparatively lower distributors share.
Here’s a look at economics of Jolly LLB 2:
- Cost of Production: Rs 65 crore (Including Akshay Kumar’s acting fees)
- Print and Publicity: Rs 15 crore
- Total Expense: Rs 80 crore
- India Distribution Share: Rs 54 crore (Approx.)
- Overseas Share: Rs 12.80 crore (Approx.)
- Satellite Rights: Rs 35 crore (Approx.)
- Music Rights: Rs 10 crore (Approx.)
- Total Income: Rs 110 crore (Approx.)
- Total Profit: Rs 30 crore
- Return on Investment: 37.5%
The entire profit in this case will be retained by Fox Star Studios as Akshay Kumar charged upfront acting fees for this film.